Monday, January 25, 2010

Picture Sharing - Thing 4

I have had a Snapfish account for a long time so I can share family pictures. It is a great site and I have ordered many picture from Snapfish. I chose to open an accout and post a picture in Flickr.

I was impressed with the libraries that are using Flickr to market their programs. I viewed the Summer Program pictures from the Hennepin County Library and thought they were well done. One of the things that crossed my mind was the difficulty in getting parental permission from all the children that were in the pictures. We do still need to get permission. Right?

I was impressed that Libraryman has been posting on the Marathon County Public Library Flickr site since 9/2005. A neat idea for our library would be to post periodic pictures of our book displays so as to create an interest with our patrons so they would want to come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment